The Mask Infects Your Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mask Infects Your Souls

This forum is available to share thoughts, feelings, comments, and questions Messages by Request, to give and receive support, and to connect with and meet other Shufflers members.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mad Men is a remarkable series

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bonnienie

Mad Men is a remarkable series  Empty
PostSubject: Mad Men is a remarkable series    Mad Men is a remarkable series  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:48 am

I rarely get drawn into new television shows Mad Men dvd especially considering I don't have cable. I watched the first episode of Mad Men and was hooked immediately! This show is so well acted and the casting is perfect! The characters are so easy to like but each flawed. Interesting to see how social norms have changed and which have stayed the same! Watching the first series of Mad Men is like stepping back in time. true blood dvd There have been so many drastic changes in male / female roles and relationships, and seeing the undercurrents of the late 1950's and 1960's is subtly revealing. Without grand, pronounced statements, the tenor of this series is remarkable! I appreciate the actors in this series. Jon Hamm is a powerhouse, and watching the first season develop is something like joining him on a journey. Elizabeth Moss is wonderful as well, and the rest of the cast merely adds supernatural dvd depth and weight to round out the cast. Mad Men is not afraid to attack the concepts of media, politics, and gender roles. There is rich material for the viewer to explore and digest. It is a tremendous piece of archived television that reflects an amazing time in our recent American history! If you haven't had the chance to delve into this series yet - give it a try! AMC's MAD MEN is one of the better shows on television right now. how I met your mother dvd The trials and tribulations of a group of advertising executives at a New York firm in the early 1960s make for fascinating television, a exploration of the business and social climate of the era that saw men asserting their virility from the confines of an office while women worked as secretaries or stayed at home to raise the kids. Project Runway dvd
Back to top Go down

Mad Men is a remarkable series
Page 1 of 1